- City Sends a request to Civil Service For a new Police Officer list.
- Perspective candidates are notified via email, to go to Chelsea Human resource department to sign paperwork.
- The City is then provided a reorganized list of perspective laws and court decisions.
- Candidates are notified by the police department for an orientation, which includes photographs fingerprints, and being provided a background application.
- Candidates provide all required documentation to the police department and an extensive background investigation is performed.
- Candidates who pass the background investigation would then proceed to an oral interview panel.
- Upon successfully completing the interview and being selected, the candidate is given a conditional offer of employment.
- The candidate will have to pass a drug test, an Extensive medical exam, and a physiological exam.